Monday, August 31, 2009

8/31/09 Goodbye bagged Caesar Salad...hello Caesar Burgers!

What's for dinner tonight? Chicken Caesar Burgers with Parmigiano Taters

Goodbye bagged, pre-made Caesar salads that cost way more than they're worth! Hello, tasty Caesar burgers! Tonight, I made chicken caesar burgers with fancy parmigiano "french fries." Everything came out great with relatively no mistakes! Even the dipping sauce for the taters was awesome. I learned a new trick tonight too...if you don't want your burgers to pooch in the middle when you cook them, use your thumbs to make a dip in the middle of the burger and they will come out perfect! It worked!!! Another great RR tip! All these years I've been grilling burgers, they always come out to poofy in the middle and sometimes end up too rare in the center and burnt on the outside. By compressing them in the middle like a bowl, the burgers cooked evenly and were a perfect shape!

Prav and I had fun eating this meal. I think he loves any food that comes with a dipping sauce! I had to work today, so I prepared the burgers last night while cooking dinner. All I had to do tonight was pop the burgers in the pan and cook the taters. I'm really learning so much from this challenge! I can't believe how much dinner time has changed for Prav and me. I'm even setting the table in a "fancier" way these days. I can't wait until I can buy some of the new everyday dishes I registered for. I just love that Prav is looking forward to coming home for dinner now! We spent the evening talking about our wedding and how cute our parents are. My heart feel so full (my tummy does too). That reminds me, I've lost 4lbs! Could it be the food I'm cooking combined with working on my feet for 13 hours 3 days a week? Hmmm...all I know is the pounds are gone and they can stay gone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment