Tuesday, September 1, 2009

9/1/09 Keepin' it sweet & spicy!

What's for dinner tonight? Sweet 'N Spicy Chicken Breasts & Curry Rice Salad

So, my mom really loves Paula Dean (how can you not?)...I typed, "Paula Dean" into the RR Show website and found this great recipe! The Sweet 'N Spicy Chicken is very southern-inspired and the Curry Rice Salad is very Indian! Perfect for Prav and me! LOL

I had all of the spices already in my cupboard because my future mother-in-law has loaded me up with Indian spices...most of which are just powders in baggies with no labels so I have no clue what they are (and Prav is no help either, haha). However, I was able to identify the curry powder used in this recipe. I really loved the combination of spices used in this rub. I never would've thought to combine them together, but it was just the perfect amount of sweet and heat!

Prav had to work late tonight, but he came home earlier than usual just to have dinner with me! We ate together and spent some very valuable, and much needed, time together. I'll be working nights this week and next week so this time together is precious. Prav worked from his home office after dinner. I could tell he felt revived by the good meal...he even came back for seconds! I'm sure my sleep/eat cycle will be all out of whack for the next 2 weeks. I only hope I can keep up!

PS- My camera batteries died and my cell phone picture can't be uploaded. :( So, no pic tonight. Boo, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment