Tuesday, August 25, 2009

8/25/09 YUMM-O! Italian Style Sandwiches

What's for dinner tonight? Rach's Italian Style Sandwiches

I'm keeping it real simple today because I am still sooooo tired from my very long work week. Italian-style sandwiches (or "sammies" as I like to call them). I had to cut this recipe down because it calls for a 1/4 of each deli meat and makes 6 samdwiches. We ended up with 3 sandwiches. 2 for dinner and one for Prav's lunch tomorrow. I bought the Ciabatta bread from my local grocery store since they have a great selection of "gourmet" bread. Rachael suggested using store-bought pesto and I am all for doing less work tonight! Hooray, for store-bought! I piled on the salami, provolone (Prav's favorite), turkey (my favorite), and mortadella (which surprisingly enough my store had plenty of, yay). I layered the sammies with lettuce and tomato and added a very tiny bit of spicy deli mustard and mayo (I can't eat a sandwich without mayo...not sure why). YUMM-O and simple!


On another note, Prav and I can't find our good camera. I had to use our old camera to photograph last night's meal. Tonight, the camera ran out of batteries and I'm stuck without a picture for my blog. :( Prav was so hungry when he came home tonight...I didn't dare tell him that he couldn't eat until I take a picture of the food, lol. I'll just have to make these babies again and take a picture some other time.

PS- I just found out that today is Rachael Ray's birthday!!! How fitting...I started my challenge yesterday and will finish next year the day before Rachael's birthday. Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment