Thursday, August 27, 2009

8/27/09 Rollover meal... Sweet & Spicy Sesame Noodles with Shredded Jerk Chicken

What's for dinner tonight? Sweet & Spicy Sesame Noodles with Shredded Jerk Chicken

Well, there is a trend starting here. I started posting my food pics on Facebook and now I have lots of friends inviting themselves over for dinner, lol! One of my favorite friends, Sarah Dagenhart, is coming over for dinner tonight. Sarah has become a regular at my dinner table over the past year. I adore her! I love inviting her over for dinner because we always have such great conversations and Prav and I really enjoy her company. However, Sarah is a VERY picky eater...and I mean VERY! She doesn't eat most vegetables. A salad to her is lettuce and plain ranch dressing topped with croutons. Nothing else. She doesn't like spices, spicy, or ethnic foods.

I made a rollover meal tonight using the leftover jerk chicken from last night's dinner. I used Asian noodles as the base. I was supposed to use half the leftover chicken and veggies, but there wasn't enough to just use half for the three of us. I think, if we hadn't had dinner guests 2 nights in a row, I could've pulled off one more meal, but I would rather have the company than the leftovers anyway! So, I had to use all of the leftovers. I shredded the chicken and added the veggies to the noodles. Then, I ran into a little dilemma. I didn't have any smooth peanut butter! Yikes! This Thai-inspired recipe calls for smooth peanut butter. I had to borrow some chunky peanut butter from our house guest, Carla.

As it turns out, the chunky/crunchy peanut butter was really good and the added crunch of the peanuts was awesome! Sarah and I devoured our noodles! Prav came home shortly after and I heated up a bowl for him adding a little extra hot sauce since Sarah didn't allow me to add any to the ours. It was definitely better spicy! We have enough for lunches tomorrow and, hopefully, the spices will mix together overnight and be even better tomorrow!

On another note, I sent some of my food pics to the segment coordinator at the RR Show along with my first blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment