Saturday, August 29, 2009

8/29/09...people are noticing! Flat Iron Steak with Bleu Chz Butter, Tomato & Onion Salad with Balsamic Vinegarette & leftover Cordon Bleu Potatoes

What's for dinner tonight? Flat Iron Steak with Bleu Cheese Butter, Tomato & Onion Salad with Balsamic Vinegarette and leftover Cordon Bleu Potatoes

I had to work today...the first real work day of my 365 day challenge. I didn't know how I'd be able to do this after such long days at the hospital. I wake up at 4:45AM on work days. I'm out the door by 6AM, at the hospital by 6:35AM, and work until 8PM. I get home around 8:30PM (if all goes well). I helped myself out a bit last night by pre-making the bleu cheese butter and putting it in the fridge overnight. I also marinated the steak in Montreal Seasoning overnight. All I had to do when I got home was broil the steak, add the butter and reheat the potatoes. As for the tomato and onion salad...I had the world's greatest sioux chef! Prav cut up the onion and tomato for me. We'll call this a, "bless his heart moment." He tried. The tomatoes were cut a little thin and uneven, but at least he was trying to help. The onion was a bit too thick, but I was so grateful for his help that I didn't say a word.

Tonight, we had a breakthrough...Prav said this was his favorite meal so far! He absolutely LOVED it! I once made him a similar meal with steak and bleu cheese, but this blew that meal out of the water! This was truly a culinary masterpiece and it was fairly simple. I was exhausted doing it, but it was so worth it to see Prav's reaction. Dinner is really something we're both starting to look forward to!

I have to work again tomorrow and Monday. This is going to be tougher than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment